Texas-EU Business Summit 2017
May 9, 2017
University of Texas, Austin
San Jacinto Residence/Event Hall
309 E 21st Street
Austin, TX 78705
In its 6th year, the Texas-EU Business Summit is the premier event for Texas businesses, entrepreneurs and economic development professionals seeking to expand their footprint in Europe. The summit provides Texas businesses, entrepreneurs, policymakers and
target businesses with an overview of trade and expansion business opportunities in Europe as well as information and connections to make the most of those opportunities.
Texas is already the largest exporting state to the EU. The summit builds on that footprint, focusing on promoting the international trade capacity of Texas businesses and economic development organizations while creating greater awareness regarding the benefits of exporting.
Texas-European Union quick facts:
- Offers business access to a diverse market of 500 million people with a GDP of $18.5 trillion.
- Texas exports to the European Union in 2015 exceeded $27 billion.
- In 2015, the Top Five Texas exports to Europe by sector were: petroleum and coal products – 22.7%, chemicals – 22.7%, computers and electronics – 15.0%, transportation equipment – 10.0%, and machinery 8.1%
- The UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, and Spain are leading sources of FDI in Texas.
- Texas is poised to be a major beneficiary of the proposed US-EU (TTIP) trade agreement.
The Texas-EU Business Summit sessions are led by business leaders, trade and investment officials from EU countries, trade policy experts and political officials.
This years event will be held at the University of Texas at Austin San Jacinto Resident/Event Hall 309 E 21st , Austin TX 78705
With Support From:
2016 Participating Sponsors
Funding primarily provided by the European Union Delegation to the USA
the Barbo Osher Pro Sueci Foundation Endowment, and the U.S. Dept. of Ed.